There are many resources available for trustees, including how-to guides and training. We’ve listed some of the best below.
Have a huge array of Governance and Trustee resources including their know-how guides to Governance, for example Getting Started with Governance and Improving Your Governance Practice which includes a Trustee Skills Audit and Trustee Induction Schedule and Pack.
They published five new guides or 5-minute reads for Trustees Week 2020:
- Managing Charity Finances: Find out how to make sure that your charity’s money is safe, properly used and accounted for.
- Charity Purposes and Rules
- Managing Conflicts of Interest: what charity trustees need to know and do to manage them.
- Making decisions: what charity trustees need to know and do.
- Your charity and the Charity Commission: what to send and what help you can get.
Are a membership organisation supporting Chairs and Vice Chairs of charities and social enterprises to help people lead good governance and run an effective trustee board. Join a network of over 700 Chairs, Vice Chairs, Chairs Elect, Chairs of board committees and former Chairs representing large and small charities and non-profits in the UK for training, resources and networking events for an annual fee £50-100.
They published a handy guide of Top Tips for chairs of smaller charities.
The CEF online toolkit enables any charity trustee board to easily assess every aspect of governance, against the charity governance code. Simply login and start using it.
Are asking organisations to make a pledge to create more inclusive trustee boards and in return you can access resources to support your work. They have lots of initial resources to get you started.
Have developed a resource pack with the Foundation for Social Improvement on Trustee Recruitment, Selection and Induction
There is more information below: